A year later, I wanted to make the characters have a more solid base, so I quickly worked up this model sheet for a generic success kid. All of them follow this, except the heads might be a bit smaller in the final versions.
And some more early sketches. I always had a clear idea of the kids in the airplane "soaring to success" since I came up with the concept in 2008. These were some of the first sketches I did once I was back in my office.
My office! That tiny computer had a Pentium 3 processor and 512 MB of memory. And this was 2008! Needless to say, it was taxed to the limit running flash. I finally got a new one in October of that year, a couple weeks before I had to deliver the animation.